Tuesday, July 30, 2013

On this day in 1999.

The Blair Witch Project was released in the USA.

It terrified me when I went to see it (late October release in the UK), I thought I was going to vomit and have a heart attack at the same time. This film is still one that springs to mind when I'm asked to name scary films. When people find out you're a horror blogger, that's one of the first questions they ask.

I know. I know a lot of people think Blair Witch is a pile of poop, but I continue to get a good horror film kick out of this movie - ie: scared but enjoying it. Not so much as during the first viewing, true, but when do you ever recapture that magic. 

This clip seriously just made my heart rate rocket. It's still got it, for me.

1 comment:

  1. Without trying to be a hater, TBWP is completely and totally not scary---until the last 30 or so seconds. I also saw the film in the theater when it came out in 1999, and it wasn't until the final scene (the clip you posted) that I sat up in my seat and paid attention. Any of your readers who haven't seen it--anybody out there?--can just watch the short YouTube video, skip the rest of the movie, and have the full experience.

    ReplyDelete